Monday, February 21, 2011

Always Recycle

It is an interesting task to think about the impact eating has on the environment. Often, we are so caught up in the mouth watering aspect of eating, rather than the polluting aspect of eating (and I'm not talking about the excretion bit). As a college student, I try to buy my groceries as often as possible, rather than paying for each individual meal. While this is primarily financial, i believe it also has more bang for my buck. I do partake in the 'simple acts' of shopping to help the environment, ie. using cloth bags instead of plastic bags, etc. I also try to limit the amount of meat I buy, and generally try to use farmer's markets or locally produced vegetables, although sometimes that is not always possible. Thinking back over the past 2 days on what I have consumed, I would have to say that definitely alcohol is having the biggest environmental impact as that is primarily all I have consumed. I definitely try to consume local beers ie. dog fish head. and most important of all, to always recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment